If you're seeing this message when you try to log in to Rec Room, it means that your game is having trouble connecting to our servers.
Please run down the following troubleshooting steps.
- Verify that Rec Room servers are online and operating. You can see server status by joining the Rec Room Discord Server and visiting the #game-status channel to see if we have reported any server issues or outages.
- Are you a Steam user? Steam regularly undergoes maintenance Tuesdays anywhere from 1PM to 3PM Pacific Time. During this time, Rec Room users who use Steam to play Rec Room may not be able to connect to Rec Room during this time due to their maintenance.
- Do you have a firewall or anti virus enabled?
- In some cases, firewalls block the game from communicating over your network. Try adding exceptions for Rec Room in each of them and try connecting again.
- For anti-viruses on your PC, this means adding an exception to both "recroom.exe" and "recroom_release.exe". Please reference your specific anti-virus's support page on how to whitelist programs.
- If you're playing on PC, this could also mean that EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) is failing to initialize. You can try either reinstalling the game, or manually repairing EAC. See this page for more info.
- Verify that you are able to connect to the game on another device on the same network just to make sure this is only an issue with one device, and not with your network.
- Are you connecting from a school / corporate environment which blocks certain sites?
- Are you using a VPN or any other type of network filtering/routing that could be interfering with your connection?
If none of the above items help, you can help us investigate more in-depth by running our connection test and submitting a ticket with your connection test output. Please see here for more information.
If the troubleshooting above did not yield any results or you need further assistance trying to troubleshoot your connection issue, please submit a support ticket with us using the "Technical and General Support" category. If possible, please have your connection test output log ready with your ticket submission.