Now that Rec Room has an extensive number of cosmetic items in the game, there's now a much larger incentive to implement trading.
Now given the risk of scams that come along side trading there should be prerequisites to have access:
1. Your account must be older then 1 year AND must have played for at least 100 hours
2. You cannot have any previous bans regarding trading.
3. Trading will be suspended for 1 week if the IP Address, Password or Username has been changed
Also, some regulations:
1. Items cannot be traded in exchange for tokens
2. Exclusive items cannot be traded e.g. Partnered Creator set, Teacher set, Custom Shirts
3. Obtained* items cannot be traded until after 5 days
So why trading?
This will add the value back into items, beyond just sentimental value, it would open up a new player base of collectors and would give good reasoning to obtain limited items like the recent 20000 token necklace. It would allow duplicate items to exist and getting repeat weekly items will have trading value. A new section could be added to the store where trade offers and requests can be advertised (Possible RR+ Addition). Trading can also give a great way of decluttering a players wardrobe.
Personally I love the idea of trading and I think it would be a great time to implement the system.
*Obtained - Reffering to any item that was Purchased, gifted, traded or earned.
Please sign in to leave a comment.