I've been moderating and observing workshops this week where someone logged in, got a maker pen, and proceeded to 30hz (or audio-play) send everyone/everything to a single point, remove all roles, etc., and thus destroying the event.
Suggestions for helping group-building moderation:
* A room-level maker pen creator-lock on created objects (with override by owner/co-owner/moderator). This should work similarly to the current creator-role restriction, but at the name-level as if each person had their own individual creator-role.
* A room-level option to show player names above the chips/objects they created.
* Role-lock on categories of chips (events, audio, players, AI, etc.) that works like the current role-chip lock which doesn't show role chips for people without permission.
These 3 things would eliminate most of the griefing in group-building events.
* A deleted-object log option, date-time stamp, who deleted it, and what was deleted.
* A post-event log of created/modified objects (in that room instance) that could be automatically attached with a button click (no edits) to a ban report to help Rec Room identify hackers.
Please sign in to leave a comment.