How to apply for these tools
Update Late 2023: Screen share access is tied to Rec Room Studio access, but you will still need to apply. In order to obtain screen share, please have full Rec Room Studio access, and be in the Rec Room Studio Discord. A link to the new submission form will be in the Discord's #general-announcements channel.
See this page for more information: https://rec.net/settings/recroomstudio
Guidelines to obtaining these features
- If you are accepted, you should receive a Coach message saying "Your account has been granted access to the screen and audio share tools".
- We reserve the right to deny and grant these tools as we see fit. For a better chance of obtaining these tools, we recommend having an account older than 4 months that is utilized semi-regularly (The account is Level 40 or higher). The account must also not have been banned in the last 6 months.
- We will not be granting requests for the screen share to junior accounts.
- Due to moderation concerns, we won't be granting these features to alt accounts. Please apply with your main account.
- Do not share inappropriate content on the screenshare, even in private rooms. If you're reported for using these tools to share content that is not appropriate, we may place a ban on your account, and remove your screenshare privileges permanently.
- If you are banned (not timeouts, but manual, staff placed bans), these tools are automatically removed from your account.
By default, everyone in Rec Room including you can see share screens of other users, but to actually share your own screen you will need to request access below.
Once added you will be able to share your screen in-game! Please keep in mind that the screenshare feature only refreshes at 1-2 FPS, so it makes watching videos difficult. This tool is not meant for videos. However, this may change in the future.
- You are only to share your screen using the screen share monitor in either a private room, a clubhouse room, a meetup code room, or an event room. You are not able to use it in public instances.
- Screen sharing may not work if you're still using Windows 7 as your OS. Windows 8, 8.1, 10, and 11 should work. Let us know otherwise by submitting a support ticket.
How to find and use these tools
- These objects will be in your Maker Pen Palette if you go to Props > Creative, and go to the last page.
- For the Desktop Sharing Screen prop, you'll need to press the Power button to turn it on. The Input button will allow you to switch between multiple monitors if you have more than one. The screen share also has a "report" button that any player can use to report inappropriate content being streamed on the screenshare tool.
- For the audio sharing prop, pressing power will turn it on. You can then use input to switch between audio sources. Please keep in mind that if you switch to the same audio source that Rec Room is using to provide sound, the game will auto mute as to avoid a feedback loop of sound. We recommend you put whatever content you want to share into another audio playback source. You can use software like Voicemeeter to do this, or simply route Rec Room via Windows sound settings into one audio output, and your audio content into another different output device.