If another player is breaking the Code of Conduct, you can report them in game. Please read this article for more information on the in-game reporting tools.
You are able to report a user in-game, as well as report them by submitting a support ticket with us. Please include the following information in your ticket:
- the player's username (please use their unique @username instead of their display name if possible)
- the approximate time and date of the incident in-game
- a description of the incident, including any photos, screencaps, or video that you have (you may upload videos as a unlisted video on Youtube or Streamable and provide a link to us if the video file size is too large to attach to the ticket)
Behavior Outside of Rec Room
For most situations, we are not able to take action regarding messages or incidents that happen outside of Rec Room. If you are being harassed or are receiving direct communications from other players outside of an officially supported Rec Room service or public forum, please take action using that platform's moderation tools or report procedures. This includes direct messages on Discord, Reddit, Steam, and other platforms, as well as emails, phone calls, other messaging services, or real world interactions. More resources below.
Platform Partner Resources:
- Discord Trust and Safety Page
- Instagram Report a User Help Center
- Twitter Safety and Security
- Reddit Reporting a User
- TikTok Safety Center
- Steam Community Conduct Page
- Meta Code of Conduct Page
- PlayStation Community Conduct Page
- Xbox Report a Player Page
Other Helpful Online Resouces:
- Online Harassment Resources
- Cyberbullying Awareness and Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Chat
Please note that users are still welcome to report users to us for serious infractions that require our attention even if most of the behavior took place outside of the game and the user believes without a doubt that Rec Room deserves to know, and/or if the behavior they're reporting for was a mix of in-game and out-of-game behavior. We will take serious inquiries and examine them with the respect that they deserve.
We still urge users to also report any out-of-game behavior to the exact platform where it took place so that they are able to take appropriate action as well.