Enabling two-factor authentication is highly recommended for the added layer of account security.
To enable 2FA, follow these steps:
1. Head to https://rec.net/settings/password and log in to your account.
2. In the 'Password / 2FA' tab, click 'Enable 2FA'. From there, you will be provided with steps to link an authenticator app of your choosing via scanning a QR code or entering a code manually.
Some authenticator apps we recommend:
- Google Authenticator (Apple Store or Google Play Store)
- Authy (Apple Store or Google Play Store)
- Microsoft Authenticator (Apple Store or Google Play Store)
- Apple Authenticator (Built in on your applicable iOS device, can be found in your Settings app > passwords).
Once 2FA is enabled, attempting to login to either http://rec.net or in-game will prompt you to go to your 2FA app of choice and obtain the 6 digit code for your Rec Room account. Please note that we currently only support recovery codes on the website at this time, but you should still be able to login using them and remove 2FA temporarily if needed.
You will need to manually check the "remember this machine" button for your password to be remembered on the site. Your password is automatically remembered when authenticating in-game. You will be signed out if you don't log into your local device to play after some time, however.
If you need any additional assistance with 2FA, please submit a ticket.