Rec Room Support may instruct you to download a connection test as part of advanced troubleshooting if all other options have been exhausted. Please see the instructions below on how to download, run, and submit your connection test logs:
(Please note you need a PC in order to run the connection test)
- Download the Connection Test
- Unzip the Connection Test into an empty folder.
- Find and locate the "RecRoomConnectionTest.bat" files.
- If you use Steam to play Rec Room, please run "RecRoomConnectionTest_Steam.bat"
- If you use Meta Quest devices, or the Oculus PC Launcher, please run "RecRoomConnectionTest_Oculus.bat"
- If you use any other device to play Rec Room, you're welcome to run either file.
- Please wait a couple of minutes as the test runs. Once the test is over, please copy and paste the window's contents into your support ticket. You can also take a screenshot of the window and paste that into your support ticket instead.
If the troubleshooting above did not yield any results or you need further assistance trying to troubleshoot your connection issue, please submit a support ticket with us using the "Technical and General Support" category. If possible, please have your connection test output log ready with your ticket submission/reply to an existing ticket.